Pages

True and Loyal - 1920's Kody

Hi guys and gals! I'm back with a Copic Colouring video and a card!  This time I'm exploring the more masculine side of card making with a very retro themed card.

Growing up I loved hearing stories from my grandmother lived during the Great Depression.  Sometimes she would put on her hi-fi to old records she had and cook "depression meals" like fried potatoes and hotdogs.

I watched the Great Gatbsy not that long ago in theatres.  In High School we read the Great Gatsby and thus began my love affair with the story (not necessarily works by Zelda or F.Scott Fitzgerald) but an overall appreciation of the 1920's era.

I probably had these things on my mind when I checked out some more great digistamps from SomeOddGirl.com and picked up dashing, handsome young man 1920's Kody.  He's the perfect spiffing young man to tell my friend that I'm proud of him for getting a new job!

Kody is quite dapper in this this vest and matching pants in muted greys.  He is accompanied by a Simon Says Stamp Apothecary Dies and Labels stamp.

Here's the video:


And more views of the card:







Materials:
Digistamp 1920's Kody Some Odd Girl
Neenah Solar White
Copic Markers
Cardbase 200GSM White
Cosmo Cricket 1934
Enamel Dots MME Collection
American Crafts Black Organza
Signo Gel Pen in White
Simon Says Stamp Apothecary Dies and Labels
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper Deco Cut                                                            

Hopefully this inspires you to make a card for the dashing men in your life!  I think I should focus more on cards for men as they too need cards for a little pick-me-up!

Thanks for watching and reading!

Unknown



1 comment: