Pages

Latest Haul

October Afternoon 9 to 5 Paper Pad
October Afternoon 9 to 5 Paper Pad
This latest haul has just come in today!  It arrived while I was extremly busy at work (and work lets me accept packages here) and has perked me up when things seemed their busiest and dreadful.  Isn't being busy always dreadful?

I purchased the October 9 to 5 Collection from my favorite online retailer Scrappin' Patch but due to a shipment delay I didn't receive it until this week.  No worries, as they kept communication with me and updated me the moment it shipped.

October Afternoon 9 to 5 Miscellaney
October Afternoon 9 to 5 Miscellaney
From the collection I ordered the 8x8 paper pad, brads, and miscellaney shapes set.  However, the Miscellaney set did not arrive in my box and the mini flags were sent instead.  Scrappin'Patch were immediately responding to my query and will be sending out the shapes. I've decided to keep the mini flags too, and they will also send me the Miscellaney set as per my order.

Can't wait to get my craft room back in order and have a play with these! I plan to make quite a few cards in this kitschy retro 60's office stylings and pair it with my growing collection of washi tapes, and typing up those memos right away utilising my Olivetti Dora typewriter.

I'm still getting my new craft space tidied and squared away.  Last night was an exciting night as I finally got power to my craft desk.  Now it can have lighting so I can get to crafting NOW instead of waiting for the rest of the boxes that are nearest the window to be moved.  During this process I believe I have *too* much storage rather than too little, as I've come up with empty drawers.

Decorating the space will be a challenge.  The challenge is making my hodge podge of items and life work together in a coordinated scheme.  I have pink, blue, and lime containers that seem to be the rage and cheaply found, where my style tends to be more black white and red scheme.

Canvas Print from Typo
Vintage Themed Canvas
Perhaps if I purchased wall hangings that were between the two schemes, I could coordinate and tie them together better.

Typo, once again my favorite store, has seemed to come to the rescue.  I'm pondering a few canvas prints from this store, and at a relatively inexpexive $20 ea on pre-stretched wooden backs it seems a steal.





But what to choose?


Medical Themed Canvas
Vintage Themed Canvas
There seems to be a real medical theme going on with some of these canvases, bones, skull diagrams, and apothecary items.  I wouldn't want to get too dark and gothic in this space, as there isn't much sunlight coming down to the room.


There's also vintage themed canvases!

So many choices.



If you have a craft room - how did you decorate it?


Thanks for reading!

Unknown



8 comments:

  1. Very jealous of your haul, it's been so long since I purchased any scrapbook supplies...I think I may need to soon.

    Looking forward to seeing your decorated craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get started.
      Now if I could get my hands on some OA clear stamps!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't paint the walls so i painted canvases in aqua. I also painted 12x12 clipboards in aqua and a few chevron canvasses too. I also made some clouds to go with the blue: http://www.cutchens.com/2009/02/new-pretties/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! My partner was not too happy that I wanted to paint -anything- in this room, so I decided not to push my luck. :)

      Just means I'll have to go all out with canvases!

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your new goodies! I don't have a scraproom in my new place but when I had one in my house, I painted the walls a light neutral sand color so that it wouldn't compete with the color everywhere else in the room. I have lots of colorful baskets and containers. On the walls, I actually hung recently completed layouts so that I could enjoy them while I worked. I rotated them out as I completed new ones. Have fun decorating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Haul....I got a huge box from Joann's sale last week. I also just got my studio calico montly kit. I haven't allowed myself to open it until I get 5 layouts done with old stuff (two finished and third started today)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great line from them. Too bad it took forever to show up in stores. I love their stuff but hate waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete