Pages

Sketchy Style Card - Thinking of You

It's been quite a week!  Love all the new supplies I got in this week and hope I can have some stellar cards for you after the weekend.

Here's a card I made last week from taking someone else's card as inspiration and adapting it.  It has the same feel, but a little bit of a different look.

I take the idea of sketchy cloud-shaped trees and adapt them into a new card using a bit of fussy cutting, sketching, and a Hero Arts stamp set.

Nina B Designs inspired me with her really simple and stylish card that I found by using Pinterest.  Nina B is a crafter in Croatia, and I felt so inspired by her card that I adapted her design into a new one.

Inspiration Card - Nina B Designs
I repeated the theme of sketchy trees, but added twists by the border I used and washi tape. 

The cardstock is Typo Aqua cardstock, giving a blue sky effect behind my sketch trees.  Trees were sketched on bits of leftover papers from the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 6x6 paper pad, and sketched with a Sakura Micron .1 pigment ink pen.  They were then cut and trunks sketched in.

Borders at the top and bottom were cut from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook 6x6 paper pad, and my they were certainly fussy to cut.

Click the image to view a larger picture, or visit the project on the Two Peas in a Bucket website.

 
 
This is a very simple card, and the flat layout makes for easy mailing to drop a simple "Thinking of You" to someone so far away.
 

Thanks for reading!

Unknown



5 comments:

  1. I love your take on the card! I totally thought you stamped the trees, they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards - both your's and the inspiration card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fussy cut!! I hate fussy cutting :) lol, but I love to see it when other people do it. I'm too much of a perfectionist to fussy cut anything I've found. I end up getting frustrated and cutting the pieces up into shreds, wasting paper/materials, lol.
    -Gabi from Denton, TX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cutting. These are great.

    ReplyDelete