Pages

Art Journal - Every Day is a Chance (and Dylusions Creative Journal Review)

Hi Everyone! As promised for the new year I've embarked on cracking into the Dylusions Creative Journals by Dyann Reavely and have filmed the experience.

Firstly, a review.

These journals have had mixed reviews, and while I agree they could be improved upon, I think these journals are quite worth the price.

Pros:
  • Large journal has large surface area.  
  • Mixed paper for both drawing and cardstock.
  • Pocket in the front for collecting ephemera if art journaling on the go.
  • Once primed with Gesso, pages can take a beating.
Cons:
  • Cartridge paper is quite thin, cardstock is good quality though.
  • Needs a journal with *only* cardstock, this would take the journal from OK to stellar.
  • Pages can warp and signature threads can leak color, once I found this out I started lining the spine with masking tape.
Overall, I think this is well worth the price - but if out of your price range you an improve upon this design by creating an art journal that contains premium cardstock paper.  I have manila folders sitting around and could easily create a manila folder  notebook by sewing together paper signatures.

And now, for my art journal video:




Thanks for watching!

Unknown



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Love your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you, glad you liked my art journal page!

      Delete