Pages

Mother's Day Card

Today's featured card to me, is rather simple.

Mother's Day is fast approaching and I have both mothers and their birthdays to accommodate for all within a short span of time.  So, not only do I have to give them Mother's Day cards but turn around a few days later to give them birthday cards :)
Mother's Day Card

Too bad they don't make combined cards for Birthday and Mother's Day!

For this card I used papers from the Kaisercraft Chanteuse Collection - a paper pack that was made for Mother's Day specifically in mind.  I have had this collection in my stash for nearly a couple of months.

I was lucky enough to win an auction that included the entire Chanteuse collection - the paper pad and stamps, plus journal cards, and some 12x12 sheets.  An entire collection in one auction is really hard to find.

Please click through the photos to be taken to the image gallery for this card, for an up-close and more detailed version of these photos!

The flowers I used (could not find links to these - sorry) are Michael's Recollections Roses in the medium green (they come three shades of the same colour per pack - light, medium, and dark).  For the smaller roses I used Kaisercraft's Fairy Floss and Buttercream.  Both have been distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink to deepen the colour.  The wires of the smaller roses holding them in a bunch were curled around a bamboo skewer then secured in place with hot glue.

Mother's Day Card Roses Detail

The stamp was done with the Kaisercraft Chanteuse Collection acrylic  stamps in Colourbox Chestnut Ink (Espresso matches closely in the list below).  While the pigment ink was still wet, I randomly scattered some Jacquard PearlEx powder in Russet into the ink.  When the ink dried it perfectly encapsulated the PearlEX Powder, and I brushed away the excess powder with a fluffy paintbrush.

Mother's Day Card Detail

When the card is moved around in the light, the deep brown of the ink with the Russet PearlEX makes a dark maroon colour.

Overall, I think my mom will like this card.  Thankfully she doesn't use a computer, or else it would ruin the surprise!  My mother has always loved roses and when I saw this collection on auction I instantly thought of her.  She and my grandmother had always grown roses, and the symbol just instantly makes me think of them and home.

I have yet to make a card for the out-law, my partner's mother.  Hopefully I'll find something that's aligned with her tastes.

My sister has just become a mother - so I'll need to plan something for her too!  New moms deserve something special for mother's day too - since they have such a challenge before them.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!





Unknown



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love how you added flowers to the paper's flower cluster. Very pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, you're making me guilty. My mom's bday and mothers day are close too, and I just made her a combined card lol! Well, she gives me combined gift for xmas and my bday too, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind!

    Such a beautiful and romantic card!

    ReplyDelete