Pages

Distress Markers Haul

After 2 weeks of deliberation, watching reviews, and comparing prices both domestically and internationally I bought Distress Markers!

These markers came in last Monday from Scottie Crafts and I've been playing with them nearly every day since they arrived.

Here's a short review of the markers:

Tim Holtz Distress Markers
My markers arrived in a box from the sender, Scottie Crafts without a tube.  That's OK, but I was looking forward to the markers having their own storage container.  That's just fine, because the Distress Markers soon found a home in a photo storage box and all fitted nicely together in a 5x7" box.

I first tested the markers by printing out the swatch sheet found on Ranger Industries' Website here onto Reeves' 300gsm hot press watercolor paper.  The printer had a bit of an issue picking up the paper through the feed rollers, but once it gripped the paper all was well.

Using the Epson Stylus T21 with Durabrite ink, its waterproof ink held excellently while coloring with these markers.  Other printers' inks run or turn purple when coloring with markers or watercolor paint.  I use this printer when I'm preparing digital-hybrid watercoloring or coloring with markers as the ink is waterpoof and indelible.

Each square has the name of the colour printed underneath, and you're to test the colour above filling in each square.  I tested the markers using single strokes to the left, and double strokes (coloring twice in the same spot) to the right.  This way I could see the swatches of single stroke colour and double stroke, so I know the depth of shading that each marker can do on its own before mixing colours.

Pros: Water-reactive colour, very similar colour to the familiar Distress Ink pads, works well on acrylic stamps as well as rubber stamps (yay!)

Cons: Juicy marker flow is a bit too heavy when coloring on cardstock, pilling on cardstock

Overall, very excellent markers and in their favor working on acrylic stamps.  I've had other water based markers (Tombow Dual Tipped) but was not favorable for clear stamps.

Excellent buy!




Unknown



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your review! I wish I had read reviews on some of my products that were duds, before I purchased them! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be checking into these for sure, good to know that they are juicy on cardstock. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete