Pages

October Afternoon 9 to 5 Birthday Card

Card Front - October Afternoon 9 to 5
Card Front - October Afternoon 9 to 5
Today's card is unfortunately brought to you by yesterday's crafting disaster!  And the letters C O K and E.  The concept of preparing for disasters, and the concept of recovering after them.

Luckily I was able to save the papers and give them a little more of an "authentic" aging with soda splatters! Soda has that perfectly aged and warped look - use with caution.

The main elements were spared of any deep staining and splattering, so I was able to peel them off and use them in this new card.  The background image however, was all that was left of this page and the original could not be salvaged.  However, I was able to use a similar colored Washi Tape as a border and trimmed it before rounding the corners.

On Two Peas, this card has been entered in the October Afternoon challenge!  I hope to make another couple of cards, or even a giant card for a coworker who is leaving soon!  Such a great theme as you can use it for both home and work.  The colors are bright and the overall look is simple.

I really enjoyed the orange and teal theme - even though these really aren't my "traditional colors."  I think this line has really pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit, and I'm starting to find more reasons to use teal and orange in my other projects as well and finding these two colors a way to add quick contrast to a project.

Materials:
October Afternoon 9 to 5 paper pad
Martha Stewart Circle Cutter
1" punch
Turquoise/Mint Chevron Washi Tape
Orange striped washi tape
Tim Holtz hinge clips
Foam Adhesive
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Olivetti Dora Typewriter

Inlinkz will be posted soon.

Here's more images from this card:




October Afternoon 9 to 5 Birthday Zoomed in
October Afternoon 9 to 5 - View from Side
October Afternoon 9 to 5 Birthday Zoomed in
October Afternoon 9 to 5 - Front Detail
October Afternoon 9 to 5 Birthday Zoomed in
October Afternoon 9 to 5 - Flower Detail

Materials:





Thanks for looking!

Unknown



8 comments:

  1. Very cute card - good luck with the challenge! Love OA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm wondering how fast I can churn some things out to get in as many as I can into this challenge. :)

      Delete
  2. Love that you took a disaster and turned it into a positive! This is a cute card. I picked up some of this paper the other day. Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable- I love those vintage papers and you did a fab job with them!!
    Visiting via the Two Peas forum :D,
    xErin
    http://erinblegen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, great recovery! I love the washi, and the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I like the little blue flower embellie you added.

    ReplyDelete