Pages

Sad to See You Fly Away!

Sad to See you Fly Away - Front
Sad to See you Fly Away - Front
A month ago, my coworker who has been here for almost as long as I have, announced they were leaving.   Being the sentimental person I am, I put my hand up for making the leaving card.  This card gets passed around the entire office and signed sometimes by multiple business units.

For such an awesome person, they needed an awesome card that can handle multiple signatures.  So, I made a "JUMBO" sized card so that everyone's well wishes and signatures would fit.  This card measures a whopping 12" by 6" and features background paper from both DCWV Guy Stack and Tim Holtz Crowded attic stash.

Quite by accident, all I had left of this paper was a 3.5" by 12" section from making Mother's Day cards.  However, it was the only bit I really needed as it has his destination (China) in full view and the name of our city in the lower corner.  Quite serendipitous indeed!

The background was stamped with Tim Holtz Air Travel Stampers Anonymous compass stamp.   And birds added with a Zig Pigment ink pen in .01.

Silhouette Print and Cut Image
Silhouette Print and Cut Image
Edges of the map were distressed to make it look old - and then distress inked in Vintage Photo.  Hopefully he won't have to use it as a real map.

Front image was printed with my Epson Stylus T21 printer with Durabrite ink, then coloured with Distress Markers in Barn Door and Tea dye.  Extra shading was done with Copic Warm Grey W1 and W3, and highlight added with the Distress Marker in Picket Fence.  Image was cut with Silhouette Cameo.

Thickers are from American Crafts + Dear Lizzy in red.  Their placement caused me quite a bit of stress - and of course I had to glue them down with liquid glue as the adhesive that comes with the letters is insufficient.

Overall, I think this is a really fun card.   Loving this vintage air travel theme.  Even like the little birds in flight that were hand drawn.

Really hope he appreciates the time and effort I've put into this card.  Inside there are extra pages for signatures, as we're quite a wordy department when it comes to going away morning teas!

Materials:




Thanks for looking!

Unknown



2 comments:

  1. What an awesome card! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete