Pages

In Awe of You - Shy Fairy

Hope everyone's week is going well!  Here's what my month
has been like so far!

Friday, August 16th there was an earthquake here in Wellington - topped a 6.8.  Some scary stuff!  We got through though, and I made it back home safe and sound thanks to a wonderful co-worker!  The railways and trains were all shut and police were enforcing hitchhiking!  Surreal and stressful all at the same time.

The big quake was scary enough but the aftershocks kept going.  We managed to escape and go to a nearby city (4 hours away) and didn't feel anything for the rest of the weekend.  Managed to also bring along a good friend and get her out of a stressful situation too!

After a relaxing weekend I made a Thank You card for my dear friend who gave me a ride out in a very shaky situation (ha ha!)  Humour helps to deal cope with the magnitude and anxiety we felt - or at least that's my excuse.  But I'm seriously - completely in awe of her.  As a fellow cardmaker she really enjoyed how technically complex the front of the card was and how cute the digistamp design is from SomeOddGirl.com

Materials:
Digistamp: Some Odd Girl
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Typo Craft card
Simon Says Stamp Absolutely Die and Stamp set
MFT Say What Die and Stamp Set
Copic Markers
Diamond Stickles
MME Collection Enamel Dots





Unfortunately there's no video to accompany this card because the character was coloured before I had gotten into video making and editing.

Hope you enjoyed this card!

Leave me a comment below and tell me about who YOU'RE constantly in awe of!


Unknown



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card. As someone is lives in earthquake county they can be very scary and certainly dangereous. Glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete