Pages

My Little Pony - Fluttershy Birthday Card

I have the guilt and shame of enjoying some shows that are really meant for kids. One of my favorites of these shows is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I enjoyed My Little Pony as a child - movies, even had my very own pony that smelled like Blueberries and would take it wherever I went - for as long as children do that sort of thing (probably lasted a few weeks, but felt like forever when you're a kid)

I like the small life lessons on friendship and what it takes to be a good friend, character design, and writing that peppers in small laughs for adults in this show. It reminds me of one of my favorite shows as a teen Powerpuff Girls, and has the same designer Lauren Faust behind its revival.

What's your favourite cartoon show or guilty admission of liking things that are meant for kids?

If you were to make a card/layout based on a character - which one would it be?

I wanted to combine My Little Pony into my crafts and think I've done well with this card. Let me know what you think!




The inside of this card is stamped cleanly to keep it flat (as I didn't know if this would be popular, or if I would have to send it to someone myself a long distance!)

The main image was printed using an Epson printer with Durabrite ink from PDFs from the MyLittlePony.com website - usually used as colouring pages.  Paper used was 200gsm - nice and sturdy Neenah Solar White cardstock.

Materials:
Fluttershy Image
Copic Markers
Amy Tangerine Yes Please!
Washi Tape
Sakura Gelly Roll pens in Stardust
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Ranger Stickles in Waterfall
Sentiment Stamps from Hero Arts
Greeting Stamp from Papertrey Ink
American Crafts Foam Adhesive
American Crafts Solid Runner Adhesive
Divine Twine in Aqua
WRMK Corner Rounder in 1/2"     

Coming up next is Rainbow Dash - after I figure out how to stop ripping my paper after colouring!                                                 

Thanks for reading!

Unknown



7 comments:

  1. I love your card, and I love My Little Pony. I still watch them with my daughters now ! If I had to make a card based on cartoons from my childhood, I will probably used girly Manga characters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Little Pony can be quite addictive! Manga characters too! I really loved Sailor Moon manga pictures and when iron on transfers were new even made my own tees!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun card. My granddaughter's would fight over it. I love watching Super Why with my small granddaughters. I really like all the characters. I guess Red would be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! SuperWhy looks really cute! PBS really needed something to fill in getting kids interested in books since (I assume) Reading Rainbow and Wishbone aren't around still?

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nichole,

    My name is Dana, and I post for @freepapercraft on Twitter. I came across your blog and I'm interested in working with you! I work for Prime Publishing and I work on AllFreePaperCrafts.com. We post to the FaveCraftsBlog. My email is dbyerwalter@primecp.com. Please email me if you're interested in discussing the details!

    Dana
    allfreepapercrafts.com
    primecp.com

    ReplyDelete