Pages

Bits of the New Craft Room

Wire Cube Paper Storage
Not a full reveal - not yet anyway.  

Here's what I've been up to so far:

Emptying Sterilite 12x12 drawers

These have been accumulating and hiding paper that I treasure.  If it's not out in the open I usually don't see things.  I've been going through them, putting scraps into a 12x12 sized pizza box and labeling it scraps.

I've then sorted them by manufacturer and labeled the spines of each 12x12 collection and put it into the wire cubes.  I've also emptied the smaller drawers and put ALL my patterned paper in ONE place.  No more hunting and digging through drawers because it's all here and within easy reach. All of it.

I've sorted all my paper - down to the scraps which are in pizza boxes that I receive when I order 12x12s.  They come in handy.  I've sorted through my scraps in terms of patterned and non-patterned paper.  Patterned paper went into a pizza box, and solid scraps into my test-card and bits magazine holder.

Washi Tree

Washi Tree
A month ago I ordered what someone was calling a "Washi Tree."  It's basically a post with smaller post holes on each side - like a mug tree.  I've since painted the body white, and the individual pegs teal.  I'm really digging teal right now - down to my nail polish.

So, I've arranged all my Washi onto this Washi Tree so it's all within reach.  No longer tucked in a drawer hiding some of my most valued washi treasures.

Some of it's pretty high up on this tree, but I'm really liking how everything is again out in the open and within eye sight.  The more you see, the more you use!

Still Organising

My Desk is a Mesk.
Other than that, I'm still organising and emptying boxes from my move up stairs.  I have to restrain myself and remind myself the reason I moved is because I attempted to pack too much into a restricted space.

I need to work better with the space I have, now that I have more.  I don't want to have to move again!  I want this larger space to work for me and me continue to pare back what I don't need or want and be left with just everything that I need.




Thanks for reading!



Unknown



9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Love the washi tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely busy! Now to bend the space to my will!

      Muwhahahaha.

      Delete
  2. Some great tips...I have yet to organize so these are helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the peek into your room. I love the washi tree. It looks and sounds fun.

    Keep up the good work and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful, love the washi tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the organization! The washi tree is cool. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The washi tree is such a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That washi tree is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete