Pages

Our Everyday

Everyday Eclectic Card
I'm in LOVE it seems!  In love with Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic collection!  It's absolutely one of the cutest collections I've seen in quite some time.

I've made two cards already from this collection.  And I want more!  I may have to order another pad as my favorite sheet, the hot air balloons, is half gone!  It's just so very cute.

I've worked in quite a few trends into this one card front.  Combining multiple trends into one card can be a bit overwhelming, but I seem to like this "eclectic" look that's inherent to the collection.

Washi tape?  So wonderful.  As if I needed more reasons to love washi tape, I've found that I love covering veneer shapes with washi tape as well as sewing down the middle of it!  Sewing and washi tape - who knew?  
I first adhered the card front to the base.  I used a chevron washi tape to contrast all the bright colors - then sewed down the middle with a turquoise cotton.

I usually sew on the card front before adhering to the base, but I adhered it down first by mistake and couldn't reverse this.  No worries, I just have some thread showing on the inside.

Then, I cut a doily using the Couture Creations die from bright pink layering cardstock.  I recently got a pack of "Brights" layering weight cardstock and this is the first time I've used it.  It's perfect for layering and other tasks where you need a thinner paper.  Stickles and glossy accents adorn the centre dots of each scallop.

I used sentiment stickers from the Element sheet.  Conveys a "thinking of you" message without outright staying thinking of you.

Washi tape and veneer shapes! I used washi tape to cover these veneer wood shapes from Studio Calico.  They were securely adhered with Glossy Accents.

Shine on.  A light spray of Studio Calico's Shine covers the entire card front and gives it an irresistable shimmer.

Special inside? The inside of the card was simply stamped with a sentiment from Hero Arts - "You Are Special To Me."

Materials:
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 6x6 Paper Pad
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic Elements Stickers
Washi Tapes (various)
Turquoise Cotton Thread
Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine
Studio Calico Veneer Pennant Shapes
Various Momento Inks (Gum Drop pack)
Hero Arts sentiment stamp
Coture Creations Doily Die
Grant Arhival Brights 6x6 Paper Pack
Ranger Industries Stickles in Fruit Punch
Ranger Industries Glossy Accents
Studio Calico Shine
Sakura Micron Pigment Ink Pen .01


Thanks for reading!


Unknown



10 comments:

  1. i LOVE that line too! your card is wonderful as well! might need to pull out what i have stashed to play now... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an awesome collection.

      Link me to what you make, I'd love to see it :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying these bright colours recently.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Love the fun, bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! Love the hot air balloons. Been eyeing that paper for awhile...better get some! LOL!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! So pretty and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the washi tape and sewing, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep gushing over this line too. All of my pages lately seem to have something from it. I do project life and the journaling cards are perfect. Love the card you made and the veneers trick is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has EVERYTHING I love too! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the design team post above.

    ReplyDelete