Pages

Everyday Eclectic Card

So, what goes on when I make a card?  Quite a bit.  Sometimes I surf around on the internet to find inspiration, or take a break.  It could be a day before I finish a card because I need to do something else - get out of the house and then more inspiration hits halfway through the process.

Here's a "process" shot where I stop midway through a card.  Here, I thought I was done when I had a bit of contrast with the red heart, and drawing attention via the chevrons to the hot air balloon.

It didn't feel complete.  I went to my new "embellishment drawer" where I now keep embellishments I've made but didn't make it to a project.  The orange-red seemed a good contrast for the deep aquas and blues so I went with a rosette I made for an earlier project which didn't get used.  I hot glued a button that fit my project and...

Almost instantly it feels more finished than before.  I also added another line of chevrons to either side of the "cloud" section from which the balloon is floating away.  The whiteness of the Chevrons were too stark, so I toned them down with a Copic marker in B02 - a subtle blue to push it into the background a bit more.

I've been making myself decorate or at least stamp on the inside of cards more.  It needs to be done to make cards feel more finished and presentable.  Sometimes when I make a card, I have no idea who it's going to, so instead of "finishing" the inside I tend to leave it blank.  I sometimes see a look of disappointment from people when they're giving my cards thinking "Now that I have the card - what do I put in it??"

True to my theme I've stamped inside this card and added a cardstock sticker.  Very very simple, but gives the impression that I DID think about the inside and not just left it blank due to anxiety over the intended recipient and its purpose.

Materials:
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic 6x6" pad
Echo Park Everyday Eclectic Element Stickers
Mister Huey's in Heirloom Blue and White
Cardstock Rosette
Cosmo Cricket Social Club Buttons
Martha Stewart Score Board
Ranger Industries Fruit Punch Stickles
Robin's Nest Dew Drops in Aqua
Stampin' Up Birthday Set
White Gel Pen

Thanks for reading!



Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment