Pages

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
Happy Thursday to everyone!  Thursday has always meant something to me - "Must See TV" lineup, Music Day at school when I was a kid, and of course THE DAY BEFORE FRIDAY.  Thursday is the "light at the end of the tunnel" of the week.

Speaking of "light at the end of the tunnel" - Thursday isn't always a special day, but can't we make it special just this once?  Truly it was a special week when my coworker found out that his wife was pregnant with TWINS after a long battle.

Hopefully shedding light on a tuly momentous occassion - I've made a card to match.  This card truly IS shiney - with all the glitterings of the future!

Please click on the smaller pictures to view a larger image, or visit the entire slideshow on Two Peas In a Bucket.
 
Robot Signals/Heart Beats

Deep Stash Mine

I've dug deep - very deep - into my stash for this card.  I bought a cute stack of 12x12 papers when I was fairly new to scrapbooking and cardmaking (2 years ago) because it featured robots.  I was CRAZY about robots for a wee while (I still kind of am) and wanted this paper stash.


Banner Detail
However, this stash was more childlike than I originally thought.  Not fitting my style the time means it went back into my collection and haven't really used it except for the odd child-birthday occassion for which I get card requests.

The background paper was cut to fit the front of the card.  It was then run through the sewing machine to make the "heart EKG" lines that are behind the two robots.  The heartbeat lines also kind of look like wifi/robot signals, tieing back into the robot theme the card front is displaying.


Sun Smiling Down

Robots are from the matching paper line by Grace Taylor "Hopscotch" glitter die cuts.  I had everything to match this line - it's a shame I didn't use it sooner!  Banner is popped up on pop dots from the matching Grand Adhesions.

A Whole New World

Inside the card
Inside the card a whole new world.  The sun shines down merrily and even clouds have smiles because Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining.

The inside features more glitter die cuts from the same "Hopscotch" line by Grace Taylor.  I'm so glad I held onto this collection instead of letting it go (which I was tempted to) because it just fits this ocassion perfectly.

Sentiment is by Paper Trey Ink.  This "cloud" seems to have lifted for the couple and I hope they enjoy their "silver lining" and the possibilities that life has to offer!


Materials:
White Cardstock
Grace Taylor Hopscotch 12x12 Paper
Grace Taylor Hopscotch Glitter Shapes
Brother GS 2700 sewing machine
Paper Trey Ink Sentiments
Red Thread
ZIG Glue Pen
Fiskars Compact Stamp Press
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Pioneer Permanent Adhesive                                           


Thanks for reading!







Unknown



3 comments:

  1. Adorable and perfect for this occasion-love those twin robots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorabl cards. Robots are back in, I think. I've seen some stamps with robots.

    ReplyDelete