Pages

Banners and Scallops

Stitched Card - Wishing You a Happy Birthday
I'm completely in love with my sewing machine, the Brother GS2700.  This is my first sewing machine, but I think that it's a really awesome tool for crafting all around.

Today's card is one that I made over this weekend using some of the fancier stitches on my machine's stitch selector: scallop edge.  This was technically the fist card I made with the sewing machine, but wanted to post the October Afternoon card first as it had some bright colours and was first on my pile to photograph.

For this card I dipped into my stash and pulled out one of my favorites Kraft Funday by My Mind's Eye.  I thought the scallops would perfectly suit the banners as they look like edges of clouds.

I threaded my machine with a generic aqua coloured thread, and selected the scallop stitch.  It's always important to practice on a piece of cardstock before you stitch on your patterned paper.

After I had practiced my stitch on a plain piece of scrap carstock, I then carefully stitched onto my trimmed paper.  Paper was pre-trimmed to fit the front of my card and adhered with dry adhesive after tying off all strings and carefully trimming excess thread.

It's very important to release the card very slowly and pull slowly from the machine.  Paper is very unforgiving when it comes to stitching - once the paper is pierced there's no going back.  You MUST lift the needle first, then the foot and pull the card from the machine slowly as not to rip it.  It's also important to cut the thread LONG and long enough away from the machine as to not recoil the thread.

Glitter and bling was added to make the banners sparkle.  Stickles and rhinestones give this card a bit of extra sparkle to all the tiny banners floating in the breeze.

Large banner was stamped from Stampin'Up Hostess Birthday Set onto white cardstock and trimmed into banner shape by hand.  Brads offset this banner and give it an extra emphasis.  Banner was then adhered using foam adhesive above Aqua Divine Twine that wraps around the card itself.

Please click the image to view a larger version, or on the Two Pea's in a Bucket website.:
Stamping Detail
Stitching Detail
View from the side


Materials:
Kraft Funday Paper Pad
White Cardstock
Tim Holtz Brads
Divine Twine in Aqua
Diamond Stickles
Various Rhinestones 2mm
Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine
Aqua Thread
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper





Thanks for looking and have a great day!




Unknown



2 comments: