Pages

Mariposa Thank You Card

Sometimes it's hard to say THANK YOU.  Sometimes it's easy.  For me, it always seems to be hard to say thank you to someone who steps in and takes over when no one else will.  We all need leadership, but we all expect it to happen.  We don't realise that it's really hard to be a leader, and even harder to be a great leader.

Click the images to view a larger version.

This week, I've made one of my first "Thank You" card for someone who has been our leader here at work for 9 months!  Almost a whole year has gone by and it seems like just yesterday she joined our team to begin with.

And, she's a cardmaker too.! This is also the first time I've made a card for another cardmaker!  I hope she throughly enjoys this card.

This card was made by finally opening up my covted DCWV Mariposa Paper stash.  The card is made from a whole 12x12 sheet of paper from this collection, and trimmed by 3" from the top for a 9x6" card.  This card needs to be big enough for nearly everyone on my team to sign (up to 20 people).


Pearls are from Prima "Say it with Pearls" and trimmed from a larger shape of a green leaf.  I thought they complimented the paper perfectly with its creamy green tone.

"Thank You" accent piece was cut using Couture Creations labels die.  It was then stamped with Peeled Paint Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, and embossed using Bridal Embossing powder for a slight rainbow sheen.  I would have liked a darker green ink, but Peeled Paint is currently the only distress ink that I have in green.  I feel a shopping trip coming on!

Roses are mixed from handmade IamRoses.com roses, Michael's recollections, and hand made variety that I bought from Trademe.  These are clustered around the main accent Thank You to draw your eye back to the main focus.


Whole card and accents were all glittered with Ranger Industries Stickles in Diamond.  As if it wasn't shining enough, the whole image was stickled and accented.


Materials:
DCWV Mariposa Stack
Recollections Green Roses
IAMRoses Two Tone Roses
IAMRoses small leaves
Stampin Up Perfectly Penned Thank You stamp
Distress Ink in Peeled Paint
Embossing Powder in Bridal
Ranger Industries Stickles in Diamond
Hot Glue  
                           

Thanks for looking!           


Unknown



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I love the colors, texture, and little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love all the elements and I am sure she will too.
    It is always harder to make a card for another cardmaker! You aced it!

    ReplyDelete