Pages

Favourite Person

More cards! And frankly - I'm rather surprised.  Right before I took the OnlineCardClasses.com Kickstart class I've been going through a real creative slump.

It's hard feeling creative or inspired to do something creative nearly every day.  Sometimes you just need to relax, unwind and let the stress of the day melt away without having to worry about what project you're going to create next.

The Kickstart class has come around at a real opportune - and inopportune time.  Opportune timing being the slump that I feel myself in currently.  Work is draining me and every day I come home and my partner is ill - and having to take care of him at the end of the day - and myself can sap away any creativity or free thinking left in me.  Inopportune because I feel like I have no time to feel creative.  I had new and old things in a pile on the floor - and when you have no energy left the last thing you want to do is clean.

It's about finding the time from other things that may or may not have to be done to get the things that are most important to you - done.  I've started some time management regimes in the way of doing "Pomodoro" timed work and break sessions.  I think that I remain focused during these when I force myself - but when I don't I feel my attention wandering.  I managed to "Pomodoro" myself a cleaner and more organised craft room - where my new stuff is together and my floor is a bit clearer.

Speaking of wandering! Enough rambling and get to the cards lady!

This card features My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" papers.  I've also mixed some REAL vintage paper decoupage that I picked up for relatively inexpensive (I think it was $2 for a sheet of these from an antiques store).  These roses are embossed and glossy against the cool blue.

I'm in love with doilies it seems. I've bought two doily dies from Couture Creations, and I have plans to buy at least one more - have to have variety.

Never convince yourself that wire cutting a straight pin is easy.  Because it's not.  Sure, that straight pin seems a little long and it'd be easy just to cut it in half, however - I nearly ruined a pair of nippers and my eye with the flying debris.  BE CAREFUL. 

I still can't find that stub of pin that I cut off.  I'm wearing shoes in my craft room until it's found.

Click the picture to view it larger, or view the project on the Two Peas in a Bucket website.

Closeup view of the roses.
 
Twine is Divine
 
Side View
 
 
 
Materials:
Grace Taylor Vintage Die Cuts
My Mind's Eye Dolled Up 6x6 Paper Pad
Ranger Industries Enamel Accents in White
Couture Creations Doily Die
White Cardstock
Cream Cardstock
Tsukineko Moonlight White Pigment Ink
Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee Stamps
Heart Pin
Pink Twine
Vintage Rose Die Cuts
Washi Tape
Permanent Adhesive                                            

 

Thanks for reading!

Unknown



2 comments: