Pages

Birthday Card 1880 Banners w/Washi Tape

Another card, another day! Or another day another card?

Today's card is mimicking another card, which I did in 1980's teals and oranges. So, for a further "vintage" inspired look here's the same card in supposed 1880's style:

Vintage Washi Birthday Card
Birthday Card 1880 Banners w/Washi Tape

The washi tape was stuck to a sticky note (plain side, non adhesive) and cut before peeling and laying down onto the card surface.

This card isn't one of my favorites, but I'm learning from what I would have liked to have differently. Having a different stamp for the birthday would have worked better as the greeting is a little too large for the space. I would have liked more washi tape patterns to show on this card front.

The stub cut corners are nice, however they look a little awkward in the area.  I may end up putting dashed lines across the bottom to exactly mimic the other card, but I'm afraid of it looking like an afterthought as well.

Any suggestions?

Materials:
Kraft cardstock (Stampin'UP! Crumbcake)
Versamark Ink
EK Success Powder tool
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper in Stub cut
Washi Tape
Scissors
Stampin'UP Pefectly penned greetings
Embossing Powder from Recollections in Detail Black

Thanks for looking!

Unknown



5 comments:

  1. I really like the look of your card! It definitely has the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It still doesn't look quite right to me though, doesn't have the visual balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those tapes, hey how bout some inking around the edges!? I don't know, that might just be me. I have to ink everything, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some inking around the edges and a dashed line or two might spice things up.
    But definitely will revisit this one and try the inking in Vintage Photo or even Walnut Stain.
    Thanks Norma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. Really neat and unique.

    ReplyDelete