Pages

Lime Twist




My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
My Mind's Eye Lime Twist 180 pages
My Mind's Eye has released larger paper pads of their collections Lime Twist, Stella and Rose, So Sophie as well as Market Street.  Not having a regular store that carries My Mind's Eye in 6x6 paper pad collections, I've not yet picked any of these up.

Saturday, however, I was out and about in town.  My local paper shop and scrapbooking enabler Warehouse Stationery has a sale on these 180-sheet My Mind's Eye pads.

I picked up the Lime Twist collection for a mere $25 (about 20% off) as it was fun, bright, and included some much coveted chevron patterns which are a big hit this season.

This pad has a lot of vibrant, playful colours and patterns that are gender and somewhat a little age neutral. I could imagine doing a lot of children's birthdays and  some adult-oriented birthday cards with this one pad.  The patterns are really fresh, like the aqua wood grain, hexagons, chevrons, and stars.  Even has a little bit of a "retro 70's schoolhouse rock" feel.  Very awesome.

I really think this is a great collection despite being thinner paper.  I am probably going to start crafting with this right away, as I still need to replenish my stock of birthday cards both for sale and personal use.

The paper itself in this pad isn't a heavy cardstock, it's a lighter paper (feels about 160gsm).  Because of this, this patterned paper will be ideal for layering and building POPS of colour.


Washi Tape from Typo
Washi Tape From Typo

I also picked up some fun washi tapes at my local Typo store in town, but they're not released yet on their website!  I feel so exclusive!  Please excuse my bad photography.  I think the black lace pattern with hearts is just so cute.  The brown tape is a bronze/coppery colour and is quite cool.  I could definitely do some edging with this tape.

If you have the Lime Twist (out of the blue or otherwise) and used it in a card or layout, link me!  I'd love to see it and be inspired by your talent!

Unknown



5 comments:

  1. This all looks really cute. I love seeing what other people buy. It's like shopping vicariously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm loving that Lime Twist paper pad! And those are some super sweet washi tapes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some fun papers. Looking forward to seeing what you create with them. I don't have any washi tape, shocked I bet, lol.
    I have made my own before though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Hope to get started this week!

    ReplyDelete