Pages

Sending Smiles Across the Miles - Banners

Sending Smiles Across the Miles Card
Sending Smiles Across the Miles

Today's card comes from inspiration from my new stamp set Papertrey Ink's Banner Builder and the new October Afternoon Sasparilla 8x8 paper pad.

I was amazed to find someone within NZ selling the Papertrey Ink stamps and dies.  The matching dies were not for sale, but I don't mind a little bit of fussy cutting for banners!

Made from a white card base. Approximate measures are 6"x4.25", fits into a standard size (DLE) sized envelope.

Wood grain patterned paper was adhered using permanent adhesive and extra was trimmed from the card front using a craft knife and design ruler.

The wood grain pattern was a bit light, so I randomly deepened the pattern with random spots of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.

Banner shapes were stamped with Papertrey Ink's banner builder using Martha Stewart Brights Inks (pigment ink) and cut with micro-tip scissors. Foam adhesive has been adhered to the underside, lifting the banner shapes up slightly and giving it extra dimension.

The striped patterned fabric holding the pennants down is Craft-Ichiban bias tape from the Japan City store. Japan City is a Japanese "dollar shop" offering inexpensive items from Japan. I ran the bias tape through the Xyron machine and gave it a sticky back, then adhered it over the pennants tacking them down.

A loose circular shape was traced onto mustard coloured paper, and then backed with a Denim patterned paper from October Afternoon's Sasparilla and adhered down to the card front.  Greeting was stamped using Colorbox Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan with Papertrey Ink's Up and Away sentiments.

Finishing touches were done with pen, Uni-ball Signo White gel pen and Sakura Micron Pigment pen in Sepia size 01.  Corners rounded with the We R memory Keepers Corner Chomper using the 1/2" side.

Here's a list of the materials (rough list) done in In-linkz!  Hopefully this new tool will help me visually represent the materials I use and let you find where to get them.



I think this is a rather cute "country" look - and listened to Tom Petty for inspiration.  What do you think?



Unknown



3 comments:

  1. Your card is great. I love the rustic paper background.
    I am loving banners right now, these ones are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I too am trying to find a NZ stockist for Papertrey Ink and have no luck with my search. Would you mind sending me the outlet.
    shonaghmacgibbon at yahoo dot co dot nz.

    Happy holidays
    Shonagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,just found your website through google, I'm also looking for Papertrey Ink in NZ.
    Are you able to send me the contact details? joanna at bowenvale dot co dot nz
    Thanks,
    Joanna : )

    ReplyDelete