Pages

More Birthday Cards

It's been a week or two since I've posted cards!

I've been feeling rather guilty that it seems that I only write blog posts once a week, usually on a Saturday or Sunday.  Truth be told, my job sometimes leaves me feeling rather drained and all I want to do at night is zombie out in front of the TV, or load up Youtube and equally zombie to craft videos.

I'm making a promise to myself and to anyone who reads this that I will blog more, and about relevant craft topics.  Whether it's sharing a link to a video, reviewing a product, crafting software, or posting pics of my latest crafting endeavour I will venture to create more engaging posts worthy of readership.  Possibly even look into taking a class devoted to writing for a blogging audience model (but don't hold me to it!)

Anywho!  Onto the "good stuff"

This week I'm taking the OnlineCardClasses.com "A Cut Above" class and am learning quite a bit.  However, I don't have quite enough cutting dies to follow along and create the same gorgeous cards as the instructors.  I've taken to hand cutting some items to give them a die cut feel.

This card showcase is "Celebrate Today"

Celebrate Today
Celebrate Today

Materials:
Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned Greetings Stamps
White Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
7Gypsies Vienna 6x6 paper pad scraps
Kaisercraft Secret Bird Society 6x6 paper pad scraps
DCWV Rustic 12x12 paper pad scraps
Uniball Signo White Gel Pen
Dry adhesive
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Tonic Spring Cut Scissors
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper in Radius

I  rather am proud of this card as it truly was "scrapping" - everything you see here is an offcut except for the embossing (of course).

These were all scraps of paper hanging around in my 6x6 offcuts pile that I keep in my 6x6 paper drawers waiting and begging to be used.  I happened to look over and notice that all the scraps here which are from different paper pads, different companies and overall different schemes matched nearly perfectly in colour combination!  It was truly a scrap epiphany, a moment of scrappy serendipity.

My manager at work is now a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, so I've started ordering SU supplies from her!  She's my enabler.  Loving these vintage feel stamps that SU have going on this season in the Perfectly Penned and other stamps.

Hope you enjoy my latest creation.  Thanks!

Unknown



4 comments:

  1. This is a kewl card.
    Don't forget to add this project to our linking party this week at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2012/04/hunger-games-capitol-colours-china.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when you use up scraps :) Great card - love how the different patterns look in your ribbon tails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love that you used your scraps for this :)

    ReplyDelete