Pages

Haul

It's haul time again!

I've been busy at work, but that's left just enough time to win a few auctions over the weekends and nights.  Every fortnight (2 weeks) I acquire something new and strive to tell you all about it, and a mini review.

Tools:

Imaginesence I-bond -

Imaginisce I-bond Cordless Hot Glue Gun
This cordless hot glue gun is a real time saver. 

It isn't very hot so you won't burn yourself and there's a light on the end of the glue gun so you can see the details of what you're glueing.  With a medium nozzle tip, it can glue even delicate items in place securely.

This has come in handy for flowers, as they now are INSTANTLY glued.

Pros: Cordless, lighted tip, medium heat

Cons: Battery operated



Ranger Inkssentials Rubit-Scrubit -
Ranger Inkssentials Rub-It Scrub-It Rubber Stamp Cleaning Pad
I've been having troubles getting stamps clean enough to put away with good consciousness.  It's a bit OCD of me, but when you're spending mega bucks for scrapping/stamping supplies based on where you live (shipping is a nightmare!) then you want to take care of your supplies and tools as long as you possibly can so they last for years.

I've been purchasing stamps second hand and some of them come from abused homes!  They were put away dirty, and Stazon left in all the crevices.  I've been revitalizing them with a blend of Simple Green, De-Solv-It, and Glycerin based off of my own recipes of cleaning in stages and find that it works wonders with the Inkssentials Rubit-Scrubit Pad - some of them look new!

Pros: Gets stamps clean with cleaner

Cons: NONE! Gets it clean.



Stamps/Paper:


Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime -

Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime

Picked up this combo during Art of Craft's sale.  (not pictured) I was able to make a card already with these great papers and stamps.  Graphic 45 has created beautiful paper with faeries as its backdrop.

The coordinating stamps are from Hamtpon Arts and are made of deeply etched red rubber mounted on grey cling foam.  These whimsical images feature fairies, mice, butterflies, and dragon flies against vintage themed papers.

Pros: Faeries, vintage themed, dancing mice images

Cons: Not enough of this paper to go around!



La Blanche Pocket Watch stamp -

LaBlanche POCKET WATCH
On our visit to Auckland we happened by Scottie Crafts' new location.  We stopped in and had a look at the stores ample wares!  I was amazed that New Zealand had this many name-brand craft supplies in one location under one roof!  I was spoiled for choice and wandered and was able to touch a lot of the supplies that I had merely drooled over online.  c,c

La Blanche stamps were there in full force, and my partner was quite keen on them as they're very detailed stamps in the "woodcut" look - very amazing.  These stamps are mounted on foam blocks with silicone as their base instead of rubber or acryllic.  The silicone is very amazing and clings to all types of inks.

I picked up this pocketwatch stamp and gave it to my partner, I'm sure he'll enjoy it ;)

Thanks for reading!

Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment